Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Capture Your Grief, Day 11, 12, 13

Day 11, Triggers

Things that involve my whole family when I don't have my whole family. That gets me. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. 

Christmas cards that come with all of our names written out.  Every name but Landyn's.                    Of course I don't expect someone to put her name on it, but the fact that she is missing just stares back at me.

Picture day with the kids.

Even now, on our family vacation, it is just so obvious to me that she isn't here.
picture "borrowed" from bing

Day 12, Article

I've totally grabbed onto the meaning of "sorrows like sea billows roll". I understand what the writer of "It Is Well With My Soul" meant.  Often I would feel like I was drowning and other times like I was treading water but slowly losing energy.  Now is more like standing in water up to my neck.  There is solid ground under my feet.  Occasionally I have to hop over a little wave and there still are those giant waves that just take my feet out from under me and roll me around while I try to figure out which way is up. And even less often, but still does happen, the tide comes in and I'm back to the endless treading of water just to stay alive. 

So when one of the ladies in my support group wrote the article below I loved the symbolism and how I could relate.

click here



Day 13, Book

Easy.  No contest. The Bible.

Without the words, the comfort, or the promises I would have nothing. No hope. No future.

No comments:

Post a Comment