Monday, October 14, 2013

Capture Your Grief, Day 10

Day 10, Beliefs.

I wrote this post. Then I let it sit a few days. Then I reread it and deleted it. I'm still unsure exactly what I want to say.  I know exactly what I believe; I'm just not sure how to go about writing it all out.  I believe the Bible. All of it. I don't just believe God and Heaven exist; I have a relationship with God himself.  I believe my Landyn is there right now.  While there is no verse that says outright babies will be in Heaven I believe it to be true for several reasons....

 1.When King David (2 Samuel 12) lost his infant son he says, "I will go to him, but he will not return to me."  Knowing what we know about David I'd say he was expecting to see his child in Heaven. 

2. It just goes against what we know about God and his kind nature to not think he'd provide for babies also.

3. I have peace about it.  As a matter of fact, it is the sole reason I'm making it through this. There are times when I have to talk myself out of absolute insanity. I remind myself my daughter is there, I'll see her again, she is well and happy, everything she needs is there, she is cared for, and there is nothing here that compares with where she is.

I also believe I'm going to Heaven. You see, this extends much further then peace that my baby is safe and well.....I KNOW I'll be with her again.  I believe that God sent his son, Jesus to this earth as a baby. Jesus died on a cross and stood in for my punishment. I can, AND WILL, go to heaven because my sin is no more.   

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life."

"For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."

"For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

"IF you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourself, it is the gift of God, not as a result of works, so that no one may boast."

Translation....God loves world, world sins, God sends Son, Son dies, accept gift, believe, LIVE.
It really is THAT simple.

My Landyn isn't dead.  She's not here...her earthly body certainly didn't serve her long, but the part of her that I want to get to know, that I love, still lives. 






 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment